Monday, January 12, 2009

Quick Update

Hello all! Sorry for my lack of book reviews, but I hope to do some this week! (I have two days off this week, so a book review should happen. :-) )

On another note, I had a great Christmas, and I hope you did too! If you wondered, the millions of Christmas things that needed to get done, all did get done, so I am very grateful about that! (and slightly amazed :-) ) My job is going well, and at this point, I think they will keep me on as part time. It should slow down at some point, they keep telling me this, but I have still been working close to 30 hours a week. Maybe by February? Cash register work is getting a little easier, I think I finally have a better grasp on how to do checks and returns, although it is still my least favorite thing to do. (watch, I write this and today some major stressful thing will happen with a check or a return :-) ) Once things slow down, I will go back to job searching, I would appreciate your prayers as I continue to look for full time employment and make decisions.

In the blog world:

Well, obviously I hope to get a book review this week done, and at some point I hope to make a tentative plan of what books to review this year. I am also considering adding my Dad as a contributor to the blog, or just have him write some articles occasionally. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this idea! (I will probably have a poll in the near future on that)
Dad is currently teaching Systematic Theology in Sunday School, so I am considering trying to incorporate that, or have him do book reviews on the various theology books he reads, or just do some theological type posts. So, if you have any thoughts, pass them on! :-)

Also, for Christmas, I sort of persuaded my parents, to let us get the old BBC Chronicles of Narnia dvds for Christmas. I have yet to watch them, but I will probably post some reviews on those this year.

What to look for:
I am hoping to finish up Prince Caspian, Spiritual Disciplines, a Voice of the Martyrs book, Pleasing People, and Voyage of the Dawn Treader first this year. These are all books I finished last year, but have yet to review them. After that, probably the rest of Narnia will follow and then I'm not entirely sure what I'll do next. Probably some other books people are letting me borrow. :-) If you have any requests for the year, let me know.

Hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Doug said...

I think it would be a great idea for your Dad to write something on your blog! It would be nice to see what I'm missing in the Sunday School classes or to read any of his theological articles.

You could add him as a contributor. That way he could post something whenever he wants to. Instead of having you post it for him. That is what I did over at my blog, and it seems to be working out fine.

On a side note, it would be very interesting if the four elders from VC make a blog... just a thought though....

AJSBookBlogger said...

Thanks for your comment Doug! Sorry about the delaying in responding. It would be interesting if the elders did a blog, however, I think we would have a hard time persuading them to do that! :-) (they are all so busy...)

I mentioned the Sunday School stuff to Dad, and he's still thinking about it. He's a little concerned because of the way it is currently formatted, it would take him awhile to rework the lesson to be available for reading purposes.

On another note, Dad hopes to do more articles, but maybe only once a month at this point. Preparing for Sunday School takes quite a bit of time, and he needs to focus on that before writing blog articles. :-)

Anyway, so that's the latest. I'm still hoping to sit down with Dad at some point and make a general plan/brainstorm ideas of what he could write about this year. I'm hoping to convince him to write a lengthy article on his testimony, I think it would be neat. :-)

Have a good day!