Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things About Me (Amanda)

Hello all! I did this for facebook, and thought it would be fun to share with you. Technically, I could be "tagging" people. However, I don't really know too many people in the blog world, and I don't want to bother the ones I do know. :-) So, if you're reading this, and want to tag yourself, feel free to do so! Let me know if you do and I'll check out your 25 things too. Hope you enjoyed something a little spontaneous today!

Rules:

Write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. Try and think of something that no one knows about yourself. Don't type something typical like your age, type something completely and utterly random about yourself! It's really fun and kind of challenging!

1. When I was younger I really, really wanted to be a writer. (I still have half finished stories around the house)

2. I took ballet lessons for about two years

3. I trusted Christ, when I was around four, inside a grocery cart, in the grocery store!

4. I love to read, talk about books, blog about books, and convince others to read!

5. I liked dogs when I was younger, now I'm a cat person, and dogs are kind of a pain.

6. I'm pretty competitive; you'd be surprised if you played Monopoly or Dutch Blitz with me!

7. It took three times for me to pass my drivers license test, but I've not had an accident or a ticket yet!

8. I love movies, especially old ones!

9. I can't stand the smell of the wet jet that Mom uses to mop!

10. I've never broken a bone, but I had to get stitches before…not a cool story.

11. I used to think farms and farm life were cool when I was younger, now I don't. (it was before I actually SAW a real farm)

12. I was home schooled from K-12, and I love to talk about home schooling.

13. Some day I hope to be proficient on the sewing machine!

14. I love crafty things, scrapbooking, crocheting, etc, but I don't like painting, it stresses me out!

15. I don't like gross noises, belching is disgusting!

16. I'm a picky eater. (this might not surprise some of you)

17. I love to attend Bible conferences.

18. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 20.

19. I really want to get fish, but I don't want to take care of them, just look at them.

20. I can be pretty bossy at times.

21. I donated about 11 inches of my hair last year, the first time I've had it cut short since I was little! (no, I didn't cry, but I felt like it!)

22. I have a tendency to cry when I see others crying, even if I'm not really upset! (I do this with laughing too, actually)

23. I've been wearing dresses/skirts only since about 12 or 13, my choice. However, I had to purchase my first pair of pants in November to fit with the dress code at Michael's. (this was NOT fun shopping for…took forever!)

24. I love to get together with friends, but I don't do it very often!

25. My dream job is to be a wife and home schooling mom, with lots of kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Amanda,

Hi. I visited your church this Sunday. You came up to my mom and me after the service. I don't know if you remember me or not. I go by Lulu in the internet world.

I enjoyed the little look into your life from this post. I also have been wearing skirts only since I was 12 or 13. I found a very interesting and thought-provoking article that convinced me on that subject.

I like your blog and am planning on reading more.

Lulu

AJSBookBlogger said...

Hello Lulu!

Yes, I do you remember you from Sunday, it was nice meeting you and your mom, maybe you guys can visit again sometime. :-)

Glad you enjoyed my little blog hobby, I haven't had a lot of time for it lately, but now I know that their is someone new reading it, I will have to update more. :-)

Just curious, what was the article that you read about dresses/skirts?

I briefly looked at your blog and I will have to peruse it more in the future! Hope you have a great week and thanks for the comment and for visiting!

Amanda :-)