Saturday, November 1, 2008

How to Leave a Comment

Hello all! I thought I'd do a "how to" post today. :-) I realize that many of you out there know how to leave comments, but I know a few people who are somewhat confused on how to do it, or if they've tried, they've been unsuccessful. (it is kind of confusing if you've never done it.)
So hopefully this will help a little!

First--Go to the end of the blog post you want to comment on and look for something like "0 comments." Click on that link. After clicking the link, you will see a white box that says: "Leave your comment"

Second--Type in your comment. (easy enough :-) ) The next part is where it gets a little tricky...

Third--You will see a section where it says "choose your identity." There are several options.

Googgle/Blogger--if you have a gmail or a blog account, I recommend you use this one.

Open ID--This one is a little confusing to me, so basically, unless you know what you're doing, I wouldn't choose this one. :-)

Name/URL--This is probably the easiest option, if you don't have a gmail account. Just type in your first name, and you are good to go! You don't need to fill in the URL if you don't want to.

Anonymous--You can choose this if you prefer to not have your name online.

Fourth--Once you've chosen one of the above mentioned items, you will be asked to type in some letters for security purposes. After that, you're done! Your comment won't appear right away, since I can moderate comments, so after I read your comment, (and make sure you aren't saying anything bad) I agree to publish your comment and it appears! :-)

Overall, it's pretty easy! Let me know if you have problems, not that I'll know what to do...but you never know! :-)

(Oh, and in case you noticed recently that a comment was deleted from the Spiritual Disciplines post, that was me practicing, so I could figure out the best way to explain this to you. :-) However, I didn't mean to actually post my own comment! So I deleted it. :-) )

Have a great day!

No comments: