Tuesday, March 31, 2009

March Update

Hello all! Sadly another month has gone by and I have not done a book review! Well, technically I still have a couple hours left of today, but somehow I think my other responsibilities will take a higher priority. :-) So, here's another one of those rambly random updates on what I've been doing this month!

Work:

Work has been one of the main things that has kept me busy this month. Gone were the days I thought I'd only be working 15-20 hours a week (or even 4 hours!). I am regularly working 30 plus (maybe close to 35 hours) a week. My two days off are consistently Fridays (piano lessons and catch up days) and Sundays (church). This is one reason why I'm not blogging, I simply don't have time!
It doesn't appear work will slow down in the near future either, I just accepted a new position at the store where I will be "down stocking." (and as far as I know, it doesn't involve a pay raise, in case you wondered :-) ) This involves taking overstocked merchandise from the boxes on the top shelves and putting them in their usual spots, if they fit. I'm grateful for the opportunity to have more hours and a slightly more regular routine, but I sort of wish this was happening in May; March and April are hectic for me at the moment! :-)
No, I haven't been job searching for Administrative positions lately, no time and not much motivation. :-)

Church:
I've mentioned before that our church is celebrating 90 years in April, and I volunteered to be part of a committee and plan a scrapbook. This is the second main reason I'm not blogging. This has involved a lot of responsibility and planning. Thankfully my sister is also helping out, otherwise I'd lose my mind! :-) Without going into endless details of what I've been up to in this area, pretty much every spare minute not spent working is spent sorting pictures, scrapbooking, planning scrapbook days with the ladies at church, making plans and lists, and a variety of other things.

Reading & Blogging:
Well, at the moment I can't really think if I've even read anything this month, yes I did! Early in the month I was reading books and then selling them. :-) Not very many though. Hopefully my reading will pick up in May. (poor books, I'm sure they miss me. :-) ) As for blogging, my apologies about not having anything posted, I will really try though, if not in April, definitely in May! Thank you to those of you who still check on here to see if I've posted anything though!

Other things:
In addition to all of the above, I've been busy selling books for friends, which has been involving people coming to the house and looking/picking them up. The most noteworthy one was when a group of 10 young adults came over at 10:00 at night on a Friday, in our basement. Needless to say, life is never dull around here. :-)
I mentioned before that I was able to see a production of "Les Misérables" I also got to see one of my younger friends from church in her ice-skating competition. These two things were the "fun" highlights of my month. :-) I also had a piano recital this month.

Prayer Requests:
If you think of it, and have a desire, I certainly would appreciate any prayers this month! There is still much I need to get done, and I feel somewhat overwhelmed with responsibilities. I know that it will get done in time, but I need endurance and sometimes I have to watch my
attitude. :-)
Also, on a more serious note, my Aunt has been diagnosed with cancer, and her family and mine would appreciate prayers and wisdom for the doctors on how best to treat her.

I believe those are the highlights of the month. I've enjoyed seeing my little "niece" (okay, technically she isn't my niece, but my best friend is like a second sister, so I call her a niece :-) ) a couple of times and I hope visits will increase in the future. :-)

Hope you have a great week!

~Amanda~

4 comments:

SavedGirl said...

Dear Amanda,

It sounds like you have had a busy month! I will be praying for your aunt. Is she a Christian? I enjoyed reading your post.


Lulu

AJSBookBlogger said...

Hi Lulu! Thank you for the comment and the prayers!
Yes, my Aunt is a Christian, we aren't on the same page doctrinally in all areas, but she is saved.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amanda :-)

SavedGirl said...

Dear Amanda,

How is your Aunt doing? I have been praying for her.

Lulu

AJSBookBlogger said...

Hello Lulu!

Thank you for praying for my Aunt! I’m sorry it has taken me so long to reply and post your comment.

My Aunt is doing okay, she has had 2 chemo treatments and surgery is scheduled soon, but I’m not sure when yet. She is beginning to lose her hair and gets dizzy frequently. We actually saw her and her family on Sunday, they came to our church’s 90th anniversary celebration and it was a pleasant surprise to see them!

We have seen God work in some neat ways financially for them, but I know that finances will continue to be a concern for them for a while.

Thank you again for your prayers and I will post updates as I get them. Have a good week!

Amanda :-)