Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Poll Results--11/20/08--11/27/08

Hello all! I am finally getting around to posting these! :-) Thanks to those of you who voted, I'm not sure if everyone was busy or if the questions were too hard, but there weren't a whole lot of votes. (2 of these voters were siblings :-)) But that's okay and here are the results with some commentary from me! :-)

This is what I had written down before people voted on the polls:
Hello! In preparation for Thanksgiving, I thought I'd do some Thanksgiving polls. Hope you enjoy them! (oh, and on the ones about "what you're most thankful for," I realize, you would probably like to do "all of them," but I didn't give you that option! :-) )
Have a great Thanksgiving!

Which of these traits of God are you most thankful for this year?
Total of 3 votes

His Provision/Care................1 vote (33%)
His Love.................................. 0 votes (0%)
His Forgiveness/Patience.......1 vote (33%)
His Power..................................0 votes (0%)
His Sovereignty..........................1 vote (33%)

Evenly spread out here! I would probably have voted for His Provision/Care. I'm very thankful for that this year, since I have been job searching for 6 months, and God continues to provide. (through my family, giving me patience, seasonal work, etc.)

Which of these books of the Bible is the word Thanks/Thankful used the most times?
Total of 2 votes

Psalms.....................................2 votes (100%)
Proverbs..................................0 votes (0%)
Isaiah..................................0 votes (0%)
Romans..................................0 votes (0%)
Ephesians..................................0 votes (0%)
Colossians..................................0 votes (0%)

Hee! I think I scared people with this question. :-) I just went through my Strong's concordance and counted, so it's always possible I missed one. But at my count, the correct answer is Psalms! The words Thanks/Thankful were used 32 times.

Which of these books of the Bible is the word Thanks/Thankful used the least amount of times?
Total of 2 votes

Psalms.....................................0 votes (0%)
Proverbs..................................0 votes (0%)
Isaiah........................................1 vote (50%)
Romans..................................0 votes (0%)
Ephesians..................................0 votes (0%)
Colossians................................1 vote (50%)

The answer I was originally looking for here was Ephesians, Thanks/Thankful is used 3 times. However, if you were technical, Isaiah and Proverbs could be the right answer too, Thanks/Thankful are not used in those books. I just threw in those answers to confuse, but the real answer I wanted was Ephesians. :-)

Also, Romans has the words 4 times and Colossians 6 times.

And, just as a warning, it's very possible I missed something, so don't use this information as fact on an essay or something, be sure to check it out for yourself! (or find some computer program that actually counts it... :-) )

What are you most thankful for this year? (of course you’re thankful, for all of them)
Total of 3 votes

Family................................2 votes (66%)
Friends................................0 votes (0%)
Church................................0 votes (0%)
Animals :-).........................1 vote (33%)

Let's see, I probably would have voted for family too! Although, this would've been a really hard one to do! :-)

During Thanksgiving, do you go around the table and say what you’re most thankful for?
Total of 3 votes

Yes................................0 votes (0%)
No................................0 votes (0%)
Sometimes......................3 votes (100%)

Yep, my answer would be "sometimes" also! We don't do it very often, but we have in the past! :-)

What Thanksgiving side dish should always be on the table during Thanksgiving?
Total of 3 votes

Mashed potatoes................................2 votes (66%)
Sweet potatoes................................0 votes (0%)
Cranberry dish................................1 vote (33%)
Stuffing................................0 votes (0%)
Corn................................0 votes (0%)
Rolls (or sweet bread)................................0 votes (0%)
Green bean casserole................................0 votes (0%)
Something else (please tell me what, if you choose this!)............0 votes (0%)

Interesting! Mashed potatoes has the most votes, only by one though. :-) I would've voted for rolls or sweet bread, I love bread kind of stuff, so to me that's the most important. :-) However, all those items seem like they should be around on Thanksgiving. :-)

Thanks for all of the votes! I hope to post an update or a book review soon! Feel free to "comment" on this post and let me know what you would've voted on if you didn't get a chance to vote.

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Doug said...

"Which book of the Bible uses the word "thank" the least?"

You said that it is either Isaiah or Proverbs. I just looked it up, and the correct answer is Proverbs. Isaiah uses the word once, and the other books use it 3 times or more.

AJSBookBlogger said...

Thanks Doug! Just curious, which translation did you look it up in? I used Strongs when I did my search, which is KJV. Not sure if it is different with other translations or not.
Have a good week!
Amanda :-)

Doug said...

I looked it up in NKJV.

Doug said...

I just searched 5 different translations for the word "thank", for each book of the Bible listed.

NIV: Proverbs-0, Isaiah-2, Psalms-14+, Romans-5, Ephesians-4, Colossians-6

NASB: Proverbs-0, Isaiah-6, Psalms-28+, Romans-6, Ephesians-3, Colossians-7

ESV: Proverbs-0, Isaiah-5, Psalms-23+, Romans-6, Ephesians-4, Colossians-6

NKJV: Proverbs-0, Isaiah-2, Psalms-15+, Romans-6, Ephesians-3, Colossians-6

KJV: Proverbs-0, Isaiah-1, Psalms-14+, Romans-6, Ephesians-3, Colossians-6

AJSBookBlogger said...

Thanks for all the research! Did you Bible Gateway to find the information, a computer program, google search, or something else? :-) (just curious, so that if I ever do this again I don't have to count the words in the concordance! :-) )

Doug said...

I used Bible Gateway and did a multiple translation search.